quarta-feira, 9 de junho de 2010

Tenho-Dito: Thank you!


Today I had a great class (as usual) with my three adorable students: Carol, Paula & Jessie about what turns our good days into bad ones and vice-versa.

Well, I've had the pleasure of sharing with these three intelligent, mature and sensible girls many nice episodes of our lives this semester. Someone has said that teachers usually learn much more from their students than they can realize. That's true!

Today, we did a listening exercise with the song 'Thank you', from Dido. It's a song that I like very much, indeed, but today I guess I have really listened to it! It is about a girl who could be having the worst day of her life and but, simply because of a picture on the wall, a telephone call and a dry towel handed by the person she loves, she's having the best day of her life. And she's thanking him for that. That simple!

Sharing the experiences about today's topic, I came up with the conclusion that sometimes it's really simple to make someone happy: not having loads of homework, meeting Justin Bieber, rainy weather, riding a bike, getting a surprise by mail.

I told them that one day that could have been one of the worst days in my life, when I had to face a very difficult situation at work, it was not, just because of a mail package... I remember leaving the main office, crying, feeling really miserable, when a mail package arrived. It was Todd... a mushroom, sent from a person that I really love. I cannot say that it made my day, but it considerably smoothed the sadness I was feeling... I am not sure if I have thanked him properly for the gift, but at that moment, it meant a world for me.

So, my today's post is to give thanks. Thank you Coala, for the gift and specially for being who you are. Thank you Paula, Jessie & Carol - you are great! It's been my pleasure to be your teacher this semester.


3 comentários:

  1. There is no need to thank me! I'm really glad I made you feel better.. at least for a day.. Todd had to be yours! It's what started it all.. And I hope our memories will not be lost in time. I definitely won't forget a moment I had with you! MU

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Juuuu... tema complexo esse de felicidade. Já dizia a antiga música de natal "(...) Bem assim feliciddae eu pensei q fosse uma brincadeira de papael. Já faz tempo que pedi mas o meu papai noel não vem. Com certeza já morreu ou então felicidade é brinquedo que não tem."
    Felicidade não tem variantes. Não adianta a conversa mole de que cada um tem a sua versão sobre o que é ser feliz. A feliciddae é pra todos, a mesma coisa, o encontro da sua alma gêmea. Mesmo que alguns finjam correr atrás de sucesso, dinheiro ou poder. Bjus pra vc, linda!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. So, Ju... you also write in English! I didn't know you were an English teacher... That's why there isn't a single mistake here.

    Really nice post, my dear!

    ResponderExcluir

Obrigada pela confissão! Volte sempre! Juliana Fernandes